Monday, October 28, 2013

People Change

A year ago, I was different than I am now.


I know that I had an experience from one person (or 5), that made me question my character and who I was in my life. It wasn't exactly ME who needed to change. It was who, I was hanging out with that I needed to change. I tried not to let these peoples actions hurt my feelings. Tried to say that it was their loss and all that. For the most part I was able to!


Sometimes you have to be willing to make a change in what you want in life. I wanted to (after that point), live a more positive life. Make a more positive input on other's lives, or not be apart of it all. I don't have time, patience or a desire for negativity. Now that certain people are out, more happy is in, and that's better for me. If you're a full grown adult, but act like you can't do anything for yourself, and have someone else basically run your life. People that lie, or hang out with liars suck. If you don't have decent standards or if any of the above apply to you. I'm not the friend for you. Sorry.


On another note.


A year ago, I was shy, a little introverted and didn't know too much about blogging, or anything that the blogging world had to offer. Seriously. Now I've jumped in, head first and know so much. I'm excited to learn about all their is to offer! I don't know that I've ever been so excited to learn things. I've earned money, I've gotten free product & I've made awesome friends. A year ago, I would've never walked up to someone and said...Hey, I'm Aimee! I still won't wear a name tag... but at least now I'll go somewhere alone, and talk to stranger.


However, the BEST part about this last year is that I have found myself. Again. I know that I used to say I did things, cause it was the "cool" thing to do at the time. Like, I used to say I was a scrapbooker, cause it was the cool thing to do. Well, then someone gave me a bunch of scrapbooking supplies, so I figured it out. Then that became my thing. That was like 14 years ago. Then I started college, and working full time etc...and met my husband, and somewhere in the interim became someone else.


I don't think I like who I was in that time. It's been about 8-10 years. In that time I've gone thru some enormous trials. Well, I'd like to say that I'm in the clear of them, but I know better. I'm not. However, since I feel that I've found more of myself again, I know that I can get thru them just a little easier.


I need to try and remember to only do things because I want to. Only get things cause I need them. (Save money) I have so many things in my house, that I don't need these days, but once upon a time, I thought I needed/wanted and it's just taking up space.


At the same time, I need to remember to take chances. Don't hold back too much. I may never know what's out there if I don't look around the corner.


I think that I like this person that I've become. Or re-become. However you want to look at it. Now if I could just be as skinny as I was in high school. HaHa. This post could probably go in a million different ways, and be a million posts long. But that's the basics of it. Hmmpf. End of Story for today. Only the people that know me, understand me. I totally feel like I'm different than I was a year ago. I know so much more about so many things, and have this strong desire to know so much more. I had a swift kick in the pants to change a year ago. Even though I did nothing wrong...it was the other "parties" I just knew that I needed different surroundings. I got it! Woot!!

No comments:

Post a Comment